Monday, November 7, 2016

Arizona

Jared went to New Orleans for the weekend at the end of October, so the kids and I drove down to AZ (they had Friday off). I really wanted to come when the apples were ready and was afraid with  day camp that I would miss it, but I didn't!


 Karrah and lil James were there Friday so it was nice seeing them before they flew back to PA. 
The cow is pretty friendly. He comes right up to you and will eat apples out of your hand. 

We picked a ton of apples! 



Saturday morning, we made cider. 
Later that night we made two batches of applesauce. 
We also made two batches of dehydrated apples. 
Lyla bobbing for apples.
The cider press
Homemade apple cider is SO good. We brought a bunch home...it is just pure apples. No sugar, no preservatives...100% natural and organic. 
The rest are pictures from my phone. 

My mom made these cute cookies with the kids. 
Trying to take a decent selfie

It was a short visit, but like always, so much fun! Can't wait to go back! 

1 comment:

Karrah Vandruff said...

I am so grateful we got to see you one more time before we flew back. You and the munchkins have a special place in my heart!