Saturday, September 17, 2016

Adalynn's Baptism

Adalynn was baptized on Saturday September 3rd. 
It was a special day. We are so grateful to all our friends and family that came. 
A few pictures before her baptism.  
Our attempt at a cousin picture. HAHA
The only one looking and smiling is Devin. 
After the baptism we headed back to our house for lunch. 
She got some of the cutest baptism gifts. So very thoughtful of everyone. 
Here is the front of her program
Kristi gave the baptism talk and my mom gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. Both did a wonderful job. Jared baptized and confirmed her. 
There was one point when I looked down at her and she was in tears. It took me by surprise so I asked her what was wrong. She looked at me and told me, "I'm just so happy." I love that her heart was so full on this special day.
 I really love her invitation. 
I'm so, so grateful for Adalynn. She has always been a great kid--even her toddler years were so easy. She has a sweet, tender spirit--she cares so much about other people. She is obedient. I never have to ask her to do her homework or practice the piano. She just gets home and does it and I'm grateful for that. She is helpful and is aware of when I need her help them most. She strives to be good and make good decisions. She is cute and funny and is a true joy to have around.  
I am grateful for her decision to be baptized. I love the little lady she is becoming. I love that I am her mom and am able to teach her, but more often, and especially lately, I am not teaching, but learning from her.  

1 comment:

Josy said...

Addie is such a wonderful little girl we are so proud of her. I just love seeing how they are growing up and becoming really good kids. You guys have done well!!!