Monday, June 6, 2016

Flooring

We finally got the floors done! Man, I am not good at making home decisions. I reeeealllly wanted wood floors for over a year and couldn't get used to the idea of tile. But I knew that tile would make more sense (I wanted something really low maintenance, water proof, dog proof, cheaper. Also keep in mind that we don't want to live here forever so I didn't want to spend a fortune and wanted something easy to sell). Anyways, I found a tile I liked and carpet and we pulled the trigger. I am so happy it is over. We replaced everything upstairs and downstairs (even our baseboards). I was stressing the whole time they were putting them in because I was sure I was not going to like them. But you know what? I love them! I mean, the carpet was SO bad, anything would have looked great. But the tile shows nothing and is not as hard on my feet as I thought. And our carpet is SO soft. 
Kitchen Before
 
Gross carpet


 During



If you look close you can see how much dirt was under the carpet. Ew! It looked like a sand box under. 
It took them a week to do the tile and a day to finish the carpet. They finished the tile while we were in Chicago and I had a few days to get ready for the carpet. It was intense! 





My house feels SO clean! I love it! Not only are the floors new but I went through everything and got rid of a bunch of stuff. There was so much dust on everything after the tile that I literally had to wipe everything down (even stuff upstairs had to be cleaned). 
Anyways, here are a few afters of the downstairs...

I'd like to still maybe get new counter tops and a sink, and other minor things, but I'm so glad the flooring is finished. 

3 comments:

Sam said...

I LOVE IT! Your kitchen looks so different. It looks so much newer. And everying looks brighter. I like how your new paint looks too. I can't believe that you finally made all those decisions!

Sam said...

I LOVE IT! Your kitchen looks so different. It looks so much newer. And everying looks brighter. I like how your new paint looks too. I can't believe that you finally made all those decisions!

paula Vandruff said...

Wow the floors look great! Good job Val