Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January

A few things that we've been up to.
  • Karrah and James came for a visit for a week. Karrah is just the best and helped me do all sorts of things---it was probably a pretty boring visit for her, but she never complained. We took a few pictures of James in the studio. Took some of Lyla too! James sure liked getting in Sadie's cage. 
(I have tons more, Karrah!) 

  • January was a bit of a bummer for me. I finished 5 months of infertility treatments in December and sadly, it did not work. I would love another baby but the next steps are much more invasive (and expensive). I wish my body didn't suck at making babies! Four years of trying and one miscarriage and I'm feeling a bit lost as to what is next for me. I've never felt like Lyla would be our last and she starts school next year.  Silver lining...I AM glad to be off those darn fertility drugs. They made me a bit crazy and I gained a lot of weight. I already gained a lot of weight last year due to a thyroid problem so I'm hoping this year I can get back to where I was a few years ago. 



  • Devin is playing basketball. No pictures yet, but he had his first game Saturday.



  • Went ice skating



  • Jared is the new cubmaster. He cant seem to get a break from scouts! 


  • We are trying to pick our flooring. After looking for a year, I may have found the one I want. 

  • Jared's client took us out to dinner. It was the best (and definitely the most expensive) steak I've ever had. 


  • Jared took Devin to CA for a basketball game the same weekend of my dad's surprise party. He went with Brian (and Landon) and Steve (and his daughter Katie).  

  • Playing in the snow in AZ

  • I thought i would be all sweet and make Jared a Seahawks blanket for Christmas. Jared's secretary and paralegal also had the same idea. We now almost have enough for all of of to have our own (Jared's secretary and paralegal showed me up too. Their blankets are much nicer!)


  • I'm busy with my new calling. Still freaking out a little, but I'm excited to learn and grow. 

2 comments:

Josy said...

Looks like Devin had some fun!!!
I hear all the time of couples that try and try to get pregnant and are able to or go through all kinds of fertility to get pregnant and can't. Then later for some odd reason they are able to. So maybe this will happen to you guys miracles happen and maybe you can have one more miracle in the family..

Valerie Christensen said...

Thank you so much for your kind words Josy! It means a lot! So grateful for you!