Thursday, October 8, 2015

Cider Fest

Every year my family gets together and makes fresh apple cider from apples in the orchard. I've never been home when the apples are ready so I always miss it. When Jared was in Michigan, I took the kids to AZ for a few days. It was so much fun and worth the 12 hours in the car with the kids.
The kids really loved picking apples. I swear Devin was there (he runs when he sees the camera!)
Devin and Adalynn were awesome and pretty much did most of the dehydrated apples. 
Twins!
One night my mom threw the girls a princess party. They called it Paula's Princess Party (she served pop, popcorn, pizza and they painted and had a pony pinata). Lyla was taking a nap so I didn't get any pictures of her. 
Mom and Addie on their way to pick up the pizza in their princess outfits. 
Bobbing for apples
I wish I had taken more pictures of the process of making the cider. Maybe next time! I also didn't get any pictures of Jen, Jake and Bruce! They were there and we had a nice time with them. 
Had to get a picture of some of the yummy produce I took home. I also had 16 quarts of applesauce and a box of apples.Not pictured are two ice chests full of elk burgers, ground elk, elk sausage, pork roasts and a bunch of the cider. 
So glad I was able to come home, even if was a quick visit!

1 comment:

Josy said...

Too bad we weren't able to come up!! I love going up there and eating all the fresh fruits and veggies.. YUMMMMY!!!!
Looks like you guys had a good time