Sunday, July 5, 2015

First two weeks of summer

So far, summer has been super fun. The kids and I are staying busy.

First, lots and lots of swimming. 











Churros at Costco. Are my kids the only ones that can't seem to eat these without getting cinnamon and sugar ALL over their faces? 
Making magnetic slime


This was fun because it really was magnetic, and Devin liked it, but it was too messy. Every time Devin played with it his hands got black (it washed off though). If anyone ever needs magnetic powder I have about a ten year supply! 


Slurpees from 7-11






Suminagashi
I saw this on pinterest a while ago and finally bought the ink and tried it out. They all have loved this and have done it over and over and over. Suminagashi is the art of Japanese marbling. Basically the ink floats on water and is transferred to paper. 








Some of my favorite prints. You only need a few drops of ink for multiple prints so the bottles I have will probably last forever.  

I signed Lyla up for swim lessons and she is now swimming (just short distances and with my help of course). 
We have been watching old movies on Sunday with the kids. It has been so much fun. Tonight we watched Mary Poppins and I made Magnolia's banana pudding.  
 Cut pup
 More art 

S'mores Cupcakes


Father's Day gift boxes we made for Jared and Garth 
Went to Krispy Kreme for breakfast on the first day of summer 




 Devin had his last basketball game and the team went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate. Devin really loved playing and improved so much this season. It was his first time playing. It was so much fun going to the games and watching him. 

No comments: