Monday, March 2, 2015

Blue and Gold

Jared is the cubmaster, which means I am the unofficial assistant. I have been in or somewhat involved in scouts for the past 5 years--I have sure learned a lot (and I love scouting!) 
Jared and I have been working very hard to make the meetings fun (and short). I have been terrible at taking pictures and posting what we have done so far because once the meeting starts we are too busy! This month I told myself I was going to document it a bit better. It was the Blue and Gold, so one of our bigger pack meetings. I still did not take very many pictures, and we were so busy once the meeting started I didn't get any of the boys, but I did better than the last two months!
We sent out invitations the week before. We did a camping theme.
 Just a few of the decorations. I also set up a tent with camping chairs and we had a really cute s'mores table. The weather was gorgeous so we had it in our pavilion.

We served hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, watermelon, potato salad, and drinks. After dinner we handed out awards. I forgot to take a picture, but we handed them out in hobo bags (a picture I found from pinterest).
After dinner the kids roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. Two of our leaders brought fire pits. They were a hit! 
I made s'mores cupcakes earlier that day and we had those as well.
We had a lot of leftovers from the s'mores so I made these for all our primary teachers.
If anyone reading this has any great ideas for pack meetings, let me know!


3 comments:

Josy said...

Everything turned out so good!! Those cupcakes look so good!!!

Sam said...

You are amazing! I'm completely amazed by you all the time.

Sam said...

You are amazing! I'm completely amazed by you all the time.