Monday, January 26, 2015

New Books

Just finished....
 
Orphan train
 
I always love reading books where I learn something I knew nothing about before. This book was about many orphans in the early 1900's (from East coast cities). They would round them up, put them on trains, and take them to the Midwest to be adopted by families.

Wonder
I've been hearing about how good this book was for a while. I LOVED it. Everyone should read this book! And then read it to your kids. And then pass it on for someone else to read.
It was a beautiful book. I cried (many times). My favorite line of the whole book was, "Shall we make a new rule of life...always try to be a little kinder than necessary?"
Just read it!

If I stay
Did not like it--sorry if you did.
 
 

1 comment:

Karrah Vandruff said...

I read Wonder a few months ago! Such a great book for all ages!