Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Kindle

For Christmas, Jared bought me a kindle. I have been going a little crazy reading...I have read 6 books since we left for AZ for Christmas. It has been awesome! These are the 6 books I have read (with my thoughts). If you have any recommendations, let me know!  

#1 Unbroken
One of the best books I have ever read. I love WWII books and have read probably a hundred of them. I felt like this book showed me a different side of the war that I knew very little about. And holy cow! The story of this man is pretty incredible...some of the things he (and other POW's) went through is awful, (and his story is so inspiring)! It was one of those books that was hard to read at times, and I could not stop thinking about it once I was done. 

#2
All the Light We Cannot See
A WWII book about a blind French girl and a Nazi soldier. Couldn't put it down. Again, it showed me a different view of the war--specifically the Hitler Youth. 

#3
The Kitchen House
Loved this book. Sad, but good!

#4
Eleanor & Park
Oh, I really liked this one. There is some language, so I cautiously recommend this one.
#5
Ethan Frome
I think I read this is high school. It was .99 and I figured, meh, why not? Not a huge fan.

#6 Little Bee

I think Kristi recommended this one. Like every other book on this list, it was very sad. But I couldn't put it down so I would recommend it as well.
 

1 comment:

Sam said...

Thanks for sharing. I love book suggestions.