Thursday, July 31, 2014

Adalynn's Birthday

Adalynn turned 6 on the 21st. It was a pretty chill day...
 
We let her open a few presents in the morning because waiting is so hard!
We painted toes with her new scented polish.
And we did DIY glitter tattoos.

Out of nowhere Adalynn asked about my wedding dress and wanted to try it on. I was not really in the mood to get it out so I told her no, but she kept asking so we got it out and she was in it for a good few hours just prancing around the house.
We took her to Red Robin for dinner.
Then we came home to finish opening presents, and do cake and ice cream.
Grandma and Grandpa got her a ukulele. She really wanted one after being in Utah.
All three kids have been obsessed with the microphone. Lyla especially loves it.
She has really wanted a desk for her birthday. I am hopeful that it will keep her room cleaner and more organized!
She really wanted a chocolate cake with three layers and cherries. I don't know what happened but my cake turned out awful...it was crumbling everywhere and uneven and no amount of frosting was going to help. I swear, it looked like a huge turd. Oh well. She didn't seem to mind.
 

2 comments:

Sam said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures of her in your wedding dress are precious! And I love the desk. Your cake looks good to me. Looks like another great birthday!

Brittany H. said...

Hahaha the cake looks yummy, you over-achiever!