Saturday, December 14, 2013

Devin's Baptism

Like I mentioned in my last post, Devin turned 8 on November 27th and his baptism was that Saturday. We have been talking about and preparing for this day for a while. We had quite a few family home evenings centered around baptism and I even pulled out my old baptism book to show the kids.
Saturday my mom gave Devin a present. She talked to him earlier in the month about the three "bears" (the things you promise when you are baptized). She got him a bag of gummy bears, along with this bear and towel she made. It was one of the sweetest things and cool because it makes it easier to remember those covenants you make. Anyway, thanks mom!





We arrived at the church, but only had enough time for a few pictures. I am usually so good about taking pictures, but I realize now that I didn't get all the ones I wanted. I didn't get one of me and Devin. I didn't get one of him with his grandparents. I didn't get one with him and the girls. Oh well!





The program.

Dressed and ready to go


I won't go into too much detail about  the baptism, but I will say it was a wonderful day for me and our family--the spirit was strong. One of my favorite parts was when we were waiting for Devin and Jared and some of the family got to bear their testimonies. It was very special for me to hear a few thoughts from my parents, Garth, and Michelle. I wish we had had time for more. I also loved the blessing Jared gave him.
After the baptism we went to the gym to have dinner. My dad was awesome and brought pulled pork he cooked in the pit a few days earlier. It was wonderful being with our families and friends and I felt so blessed that they were all there. I hope they all know how happy I am they were there.
A few pictures after...I swear, most of the pictures I took were of people eating! What was I thinking?! Again, I wish I had taken pictures of Devin with each individual family that was there.






Thank you to everyone that came. It meant so much to Devin and our family.

No comments: