Friday, November 8, 2013

Family and applesauce

My family came for a visit last weekend (my mom, dad, James and Karrah). They were only here two days--not nearly enough time!
A few months ago I told my dad I wanted to come home in the fall when the apples were ready. Well, there wasn't a weekend that was going to work for us, so my sweet dad suggested he come wand bring the apples with him.  
They got here late Thursday night. Friday we made applesauce and apple butter. My house smelled amazing. The applesauce my dad makes is so good--the kids gobble it up. We made strawberry, cherry, and cinnamon flavored. And we also made apple pie filling.
Saturday was more apple making and eating and everyone went to Devin's baseball game. It was also Karrah's birthday so we went out to dinner and later celebrated with a DQ cake.
Everyone left Sunday. Sad to see them go, but they will be back in a few weeks for Devin's baptism, so I'm excited.
Happy Birthday Karrah!
Our hard work...this was about half of it.
 

1 comment:

Josy said...

Yummy Tyler loves grandpa's apple sauce. He made us some for Tyler with no sugar and he loves it!! The strawberry one is my favorite. Too bad Johnny and I aren't going to be able to make it for Devin's baptism but we definitely need to come and visit with guys :)