Monday, October 8, 2012

Lyla



A few thoughts. 

Lyla is now 15 months and at one of my favorite ages. I love when they are newborns. I love when they start to crawl. And I love this age. She is walking all over and getting into everything. She makes huge messes but she is so cute I don't even mind. I will seriously walk around the corner to see that she has pulled everything out of every drawer and I can't even be annoyed because she will smile like she is so proud of herself. (If it were Devin or Adalynn I'd probably start screaming like a crazy person for them to clean up).

She also seems to always want to go to the one place I don't want her to. At Adalynn's soccer practice there is a HUGE field. But instead of playing there all she wants to do is be in the parking lot. I am constantly running after her to keep her from the parking lot. She does the same thing at Jared's softball games. For two hours I am trying to keep her out of the dugout and field.

She loves playing with the other kids. Today Addie and her played outside in the sand for about 2 hours. Every time I looked over I had to smile because they were having so much fun together.  

I love getting her in the morning because she is so smiley and I can't think of a better way to start my day. 

Sometimes when she is crying after we put her to bed, Jared will get her. I always give him a hard time about it, but I secretly like it. Mainly because it is fun to have some time with her without the other two. (Devin points out how unfair it is, of course).

The other night I said, "Okay. Time for bed." And she walked right over and grabbed the scriptures. We have been reading them every night since school started and seeing her walk over and get them was so awesome. 

Not talking yet. But she babbles all day. And she likes to point to get what she wants. 

She is quite the celebrity in Devin's classroom and some of the other 1st grade classes. I am at the school a lot taking Adalynn to speech and while she is at speech I help in Devin's classroom. I bring Lyla and she just hangs out and walks around the room while I do my thing. The kids love her. 

Still loves dogs. 

Likes being outside.

There is more I could write, but I better get off the computer.

 I've said it a million times, but I love her so much! 







4 comments:

Wilkerson Weekly said...

Oh my gosh, you are so good at catching the perfect picture! Those shots of Lyla are ADORABLE!

Towe said...

Aaawww, you describe your little girl so beautiful. I agree with you, there are so many things which makes the different stages special. I love the pictures. Adorable! Happy Tuesday! towe.

rachel said...

How much fun!!! I love her romper. Soo precious. I can't wait to see what cool and fun things you do for Halloween. You're awesome.

April said...

She's a sweetie.