Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Walking!

Lyla took her first official steps on Adalynn's 4th birthday. It was like three or four steps. Then she stopped for a few weeks. As soon as we got home from visiting my family she started back up. She is my most cautious child. I remember Devin and Adalynn falling a ton, because they were fast and had to go go go. Lyla is very slow and really thinks about each step. She is gaining confidence and improving every day. It really is the cutest thing, especially when we get excited and then she starts grinning and clapping.
And you know one of the best things about having a baby this time around? The excitement from the other kids. When they see Lyla start to walk they get super excited and start telling Lyla how awesome she is and they try and get her to walk to them. Then they freak out and make sure I see each and every step. I love it. Every time she experiences or learns something new Devin points it out. Devin and Adalynn are her biggest fans.
And I had to post two things I made recently. The first is my mom's salsa recipe. Everything except the black beans are from my dad's garden. Really, really good.

And here is the recipe (for you Brittney!)

Everything is sorta to taste and I didn't add cilantro, because ever since I was pregnant with Devin I can't stand the stuff!

10 tomatoes cut up (remove all the seeds and juicy stuff)
Can of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 ears of corn, cook and remove from cob
Red onion
Red bell pepper
juice from one lime
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Garlic salt (to taste)
splash of olive oil
1/2 - 1 jalapeno finely diced


And these are blackberry butter cream cupcakes (I used this frosting recipe and made my own cupcakes using this method). They were so good I just kept eating one after another so I forced myself to give some to our neighbors and some to a family in our church before I ate all 24. But now I want to make more because they were amazing--
And we have just a couple days of summer left. Devin will be in first grade! He keeps asking me if I am going to miss him since he will be gone "almost all day!"

2 comments:

Brittany H. said...

No recipes?! Shame!

Ashley Jones said...

Those cupcakes look sooo delicious! Every now and then I peek over here to see how you guys are doing and look at your cute kids. Looks like you guys have been having a great summer!