Thursday, August 30, 2012

First Grade!

Devin started first grade Monday. Last year, Kindergarten was only 2 1/2 hours, so I've been curious so see what he thinks about being in school all day. The week before school started he kept asking me things like "Are you going to miss me?" "What are you going to do when I am gone?" and hundreds of other questions (most of them about eating lunch at the school).

We met his teacher Friday. Everyone who I have talked to who has had her in previous years really likes her. And she seems very positive. I started to tell her about all my concerns and she just made me feel like this was going to be a great year.

Jared took him the first day. He was just so excited. He had all his clothes perfectly lined up on the couch with his backpack and lunchbox ready to go. He woke up before me and by the time I got downstairs he was dressed and trying to leave. We ate breakfast and then packed his lunch (He loves packing his lunch, although he insists on bringing lunchables. I try to explain to him that I could put the same thing together for about a tenth of the price. I still bought a few for the first week, because he was just so darn excited.)

A few pictures before he left.

It was a quiet day that's for sure. No fighting. I got a lot done. And Addie and I got some one-on-one time when Lyla napped.

I picked him up and asked about a million questions. I wanted to know everything about his day. I was anxious all day, worrying about the smallest things (will he listen to his teacher, will the kids be nice to him, will he have someone to sit by at lunch, will he be able to open his lunchable??) He seemed to have a good day.
We celebrated by going to Jamba Juice.
His favorites.
The songs crack me up. He has his own playlist on itunes and he listens to them over and over.

And last year, for fun.

1 comment:

Brittany H. said...

Those little info cards are so cute! Yes, my house is super quiet right now...