Monday, July 2, 2012

Lyla's Birthday

Good Morning Birthday Girl!
Her smile is one of the first things I see every morning--great way to start the day!
I purposely put the streamers low so she could play with them---she had so much fun pulling them off and waving them around. Opening her only present. I took the kids to target and let them pick something out for her. Then when we got home they gathered a bunch of their old toys for her--they rummaged through everything and found things they knew she would like (books with animals, babies, all the things Adalynn liked at this age). I thought it was cute how excited they were for her--even though she didn't care at all really.

And why is it I only ever have Christmas wrapping paper?

And yes, we are on outfit Number 3 for the day.

FYI. Albertsons gives you a free cake when your baby turns 1.
She dug right in. No hesitation at all. I had to stop her to cut off a piece for Devin and Adalynn before she demolished the whole thing.




And just so I have it written down somewhere, she had her one year checkup yesterday. She is 17 pounds 10 ounces and 29 inches.

3 comments:

Sam said...

I love the third picture of Lyla with her cake. She looks like she loved it! And I love that you got your kids involved in the presents. What a fun idea. I'll have to remember that one.

Chris & Christine said...

Happy Birthday Lyla!

Love how that cake is GONE! LMAO!

Another year has flown by...can you believe my baby will be 2 in Sept??!?!

Matthew and Lindsey said...

I loved that you captured the whole day. I will have to try and remember to do that this year. Oh and by the way we have the same high chair...or and I love the pictures from Utah! We will go running again next week now that my kids are better...or and how was the workout class on Monday?