Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 4th

We had a great fourth of July. I probably say this all the time, but we have some pretty awesome friends. We celebrated with three other families from our ward.
We started with breakfast...I made the kids a red, white and blue breakfast. Devin asked me, "Can't we just have cereal?"
 (By-the-way, Lyla has discovered the stairs, toilet, trashcan and cupboards all in the last week. I forgot how annoying that can be).

We went to our friends house in the afternoon and went swimming. It was really overcast and when we got there it was raining. The water was warm, so that didn't stop anyone. We had some delish carne asada, hotdogs, grilled corn and watermelon. Then the kids went swimming again.
 (Devin, his friend JJ, and Abby)


 We have a pretty good view of the fireworks so once it got dark we all headed to our house. Adalynn still can't stand the loud noises...she did much better this year though.
And then we had dessert. I made this cake..

No comments: