Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cake Smash

My awesome friend Amy totally offered to make Lyla a little cake for a one-year-old cake-smash photo shoot. It turned out so darn cute...this was her first time working with fondant too! I almost hated to see Lyla tear it apart.
At first, she was more interested in the balloons. But it didn't take long for her to switch focus to the cake.



About half of the pictures I took had Devin and Addie's little hands reaching in for cake. They thought the whole thing was so cute and fun. After a little while I just let them all go to town---Devin ran and grabbed three forks and we had a little cake party.She was done at this point!

I wish I had waited for Jared. He came home and was like, "You did it without me?" I wanted to do it when she was in a good mood (so right after her nap) and I sorta thought Jared didn't care. We will have to do another one on her real birthday (in 2 days).

4 comments:

Sam said...

SO CUTE!!! I'm so in love with Lyla. She's so adorable! I can't choose a favorite picture. I just can't. And I can't believe she's almost one!

Michelle said...

What fun. Your kids will remember this cake party for a long time.

Sam said...

I just showed Lexi this blog post. She's so excited about Lyla's messy face. Now she wants to have a smash cake for her birthday next week!

Jennifer V said...

I love the one of Lyla when she is "done" it is the cutest!!!! You guy sure do make cute babies!!