Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Indiana Jones Party--The Food and Cake

I purposefully planned the party at a time so I wouldn't have to serve lunch or dinner, but I wanted to have lots of snacks and I wanted them to fit in with our theme. A big thanks to my sister Jen and Andi and Brandon for helping me think of some cute names! I LOVED Brandon's Indiana Jones Soda suggestion--I almost bought a bunch of Jones soda, but didn't want to spend $1.30 per soda.






 My friend Amy made the cake! She is really into cake decorating and I was asking her advice on how to make it and she just offered to do the whole thing (and the cupcakes). I bought the cake topper from Amazon, and she did the rest. I LOVED it! And I kid you not, it was one of the best tasting cakes I have ever had--she made some sort of filling that was just wonderful. Not good for my diet, but so worth it.



Next I will blog about the actual party!

3 comments:

rachel said...

Incredible Val! You are so awesome!

Brandon said...

I am jealous

JP said...

So helpful. Thank you. Given that my boy isn't really into "trends" and we're 5 years or more behind the fad, I like that so many of these things are do-able with normal stuff!