Monday, June 13, 2011

The Wedding

Good grief. I have so much to do, so I really shouldn't be blogging, but it is a nice break from the other stuff I am getting done. I only have about three more weeks until this baby is supposed to be here (one if I am early like I was with Adalynn) and unlike before, I am nowhere near ready. I am a little stressed about it. Jared also might be leaving to Chicago for work at the end of next week for a few days (right before I will be 38 weeks) so lets hope she doesn't decide to come those days (anyone want to accompany me to the hospital if that happens?)

So this will be my last wedding post. Jen was married Saturday in Mesa. It was a long and hot day, but really special. My mom and I woke up early to drive down and get our hair done. After lunch, we left the kids with a few of my siblings and attended the wedding/sealing. Thanks Steph for taking the kids swimming!

Afterward we took some photos and then went back to my brother Johnny's house to kill a few hours before the reception. Adalynn and I went swimming (the second time that day for Adalynn--she loves the water). Then we went to the reception.




I had a different lens so Josy couldn't fit the whole family...so here are two family photos.

We had a great time at the reception. Jared and I were planning on leaving early since we had to drive the 90 miles back to my house, but we ended up being one of the last to leave. It was a FUN reception. The food was so, so good. There was good music. A lot of freinds and family to chat with. Dancing. Just all around a good time.
Jen's friend made about 9 different wedding cakes...all different flavors. And they were the best wedding cakes I have ever had. Strawberry, cookies & cream, chocolate and peanut butter, and banana cream were just a few of the flavors.
Her reception was at this really cool location...I really liked the brick walls and hanging lanterns.

Dancing with my dad




Devin was fascinated with their car. He kept going up to Jen and telling her "Uh Oh." Then he asked me how they were going to drive and see where they were going with all that "stuff" on their window.

I stole the next image from my sister's blog...
Bubbles at the reception (My kids loved the bubbles and played with them the whole way home to Vegas)


There were so many more details I wish I had taken pictures of...they had a fun "Cloud 9 "theme. Every guest got a small cloud pin (you can see one on me in above pictures). They had Dr Pepper for their guests (a favorite drink of theirs). They also played a "newlywed" type game which was fun to watch.

I really, really liked my sister's photographer. She takes great photos and was really quick (really nice when it is over 100 and you have two whiny kids). So I had to include some of the photos she took (images via http://earlphotography.info/). All but the first were taken at a separate session a week before the wedding.

Doesn't my sister look stunning!



This one made me laugh
There are a lot more on her website...those were just a few I liked.

Okay, now I really have to get something done today. Right after I take the kids swimming!

1 comment:

Jen said...

YAY! Congratulations to Jennifer! I am happy for her. She looks beautiful! Well, you all do!