Friday, June 10, 2011

Arizona Before the Wedding

My little sister just got married last weekend in Arizona! I'm so happy for her and was a little sad that I don't live closer so I could be more involved. I missed shopping for wedding dresses, her bridal shower, and all the planning and shopping that goes into a wedding--which was a little hard for me since I am really close to Jen. But we talked almost every day about stuff and she was always sending me links of cute ideas she wanted to incorporate.


I have so many pictures to share, but about a million other things I need to get done around the house (especially since there is supposed to be a filming crew at out house on Monday! Not sure if I'm even allowed to tell, so I'll leave it at that). So I'm breaking up our week into a couple posts!

The wedding was Saturday...we left Sunday before to spend a little time with the family before. As always, the kids loved every second.

My dad teaching Devin how to milk a goat...
Devin wasn't so sure about it at first...
...but then got the hang of it.
I think I tried goat's milk when I was a kid, but I didn't drink any this time, so I can't tell you how it tastes. My dad did make raspberry ice cream (actually I think it was more of a frozen yogurt) with it and it was yummy.
Playing with bubbles in the backyard.

My kids love animals! They love the dogs so much, but I think the kittens even trumped the dogs. It was funny to see how gentle and calming Devin was and how opposite Adalynn was.
Jared flew in Thursday night. That next day he was playing catch with Devin and I was taking pictures on the porch. Jared was like, "you have to come down here and get Devin's expressions." We had a good laugh about some of them.
Devin loves watching movies in my parent's room.
He is currently obsessed with Indiana Jones. I think riding the ride at Disneyland and playing the Indiana Jones Wii game started the obsession. Then he watched all of the movies this week (I tried to cover his eyes at the scary parts). He found this hat and whip and insisted we call him Indiana Jones and has already told me he wants an Indiana Jones birthday party. And he is being super helpful around the house because as soon as his pom pom jar is full he thinks he is getting a real Indiana Jones costume from the party store.
I think I am finally used to her new haircut. She is getting so old! Hard to believe she will be three in a month. The one thing I wanted to remember about this trip was how much she loved to cuddle with my dad. For the longest time she was so timid around him. She had no problems and at night would sit with him until she fell asleep. It was cute.


2 comments:

Samantha said...

For some reason I haven't been able to leave comments on anyone's blog. First, I want more pictures of the baby's room. Don't tease us like that! Also I love the colors. Second, I want wedding pictures! Third, I didn't even recognize Addie in that last picture. She looks so grown up!

Samantha said...

Look at the third picture of Addie doing bubbles. Look at her dress.