Friday, May 13, 2011

30, 10



In the past couple weeks I had a birthday, we celebrated Easter, Mothers Day and an anniversary. Throw in some visitors and a vacation also!
Anyways, the day after our vacation I turned the the big 3-0. And you know how when you get back from a vacation you are just tired but there is a ton to do (grocery shopping, laundry, etc. etc.)? Well that is pretty much how I spend the day. My brother was coming in later that day so I also wanted to find a bed for Adalynn so he could pick it up for us. So, yeah, that is how I spend my birthday! I know, I am a party animal. Jared brought me flowers and a balloon around lunch time and we went out to dinner. Our baby will be in the guest bedroom so I told Jared what I really wanted for my birthday was to totally re-do that room. This is what it looks like right now...gross right?


My first project is painting the headboard. I just finished it (I painted it white) but now I am debating painting it a different color. Maybe blue? I don't know. I am the worst decision maker (you should see me try and pick out paint). Kristi! Help!
A little online inspiration...



Mothers Day was great. Jared made me breakfast and spoiled me all day. Devin made me a cute card at school and I got a few small things from Jared. I don't really have any pictures or a lot to say. I am thankful for my cute little family and love being a mom.

And Wednesday Jared and I celebrated our TEN year anniversary! When we were first married I thought for our ten year anniversary we would do something amazing...maybe some exotic vacation without the kids. I have to laugh because we ended up just going out to dinner. We were both so tired--Jared had a big deposition he had been getting ready for and I have not been sleeping well at night. But it was nice to get out just the two of us. We've had a wonderful 10 years together and I think the next ten are going to be even better.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see what the baby's room is going to look like. I'm sure it will be amazing.

rachel said...

Go Val! Those look like some majorly fun ideas! Congrats on 10 years. That's a major accomplishment! Keep us posted on the baby's room!

Brittany H. said...

Ooh, I love love love the teal! I am in the process of doing Chloe's room. Decisions, decisions! Congrats on year 10! Yeah, we will probably just go out to eat--if Kevin's even here (he's missed 4 of our 7 anniversaries!).

Samantha said...

I want to see pictures of the headboard! I think white is a great color choice, especially if you're indecisive like me, because you will probably change your mind about everything else and white will always match. Tell Jared to hurry up and finish the babies room because I can't wait to see it all put together!

Jennifer V said...

i can't wait to see the final room!!!