Tuesday, April 26, 2011

LA

For a while I have been saying, "Lets get away! Lets take the kids somewhere for a few days." So when Jared had a deposition in Los Angeles the same week as Devin's spring break we decided to make a trip out of it. We went back and forth between taking the kids to Disneyland and Legoland, but decided on Disneyland. We left on Sunday...Jared had a meeting with his clients Sunday afternoon and the deposition was Monday so the first two days we just hung out. I took the kids swimming the first day. One thing I learned about Adalynn this week was that she LOVES swimming. Devin enjoys it also, but Adalynn is obsessed. I think we were at the pool a good 2-3 hours every time we went, and she would have stayed longer if I had let her. The weather actually wasn't the best for swimming--it was a little cold and overcast, but both hotels we stayed at had heated pools, so that was nice.
The view from our room. And yeah, they had 4 kiddie pools.
Sunday night we drove around LA a bit. We found the Hollywood sign and walked around Hollywood Blvd which is the street that has all the stars, the Kodak theater, and a few other well known places. It was okay. Devin and Adalynn found some of their favorite "celebrities" so they were impressed.

Monday Jared's two hour deposition ended up being about 5 hours. Which was a a little frustrating since I had two kids and was in in a city I didn't know. I took the kids to the LA temple and we walked around the grounds and went to the visitors center.


And FYI. Adalynn has now adopted a cheesy, unnatural smile. She looks like a mouse in almost every picture I take of her. Do all kids go through this, or just mine?
I took the kids to Target to pick up some beach toys and shoes for Adalynn. Josh met up with us while we were there and we found a mall to walk around. We had planned on spending most of the day at the beach and Santa Monica Pier, but ended up just going to the beach for an hour. The kids loved it. It was way too cold for me though. Anyways, we ate dinner with Josh then drove to Anaheim to check into the next hotel.










1 comment:

Brittany H. said...

Man, your kids are the cutest!!