Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Disneyland Day 1

Tuesday we spent the day at Disneyland and Wednesday we were at CA Adventure. It was a bit crowded both days, but we got there right as they opened so we hit a bunch of rides before it was too bad. Most rides we didn't have to wait in line too long--I think the longest was the Dumbo ride, which was so not worth it in my opinion.
It was interesting being there as there were rides Adalynn couldn't go on because she was too short and rides I couldn't go on being pregnant. Jared and Devin were able to go on every ride at Disneyland and there were just a few at CA Adventure Devin wasn't tall enough for. We made it work though.

The first, gosh, three rides made Adalynn cry (I think we did the Jungle River ride, Pirates, and The Haunted Mansion). Maybe not the best choices to get started. But after that they both had a lot of fun. Devin loved the Indiana Jones ride, Buzz Lightyear, and Autopia. Adalynn's favorite was the teacups.

I love their strollers. I told the guy when we were returning them that I wanted to buy it. I think he thought I was kidding. I wasn't.
  Looking back at the pictures I took, most of them are of us standing in line. Haha. Oh well.




 Adalynn's princess shoes. They have a picture of the princess on the inside and she LOVES them. I think she is finally getting into princesses and barbies. We didn't really do the whole princess thing at Disney though. I know you can have breakfast with them and stand in line to meet them--actually I was surprised at how few characters and princesses I saw this time. I think we saw Goofy, Ariel and Snow White and that was it. I'm sure next time it will be a must.
 Toon Town
 Jared and I have a picture of us when we went to Disneyland in this car when I was pregnant with Devin. Devin remembered seeing that picture and wanted his picture taken as well.
Adalynn slept through all of Toon Town.
 Oh yeah, we saw Mickey and Minnie also. Addie was still taking her nap.
We left for dinner, then came back for a while. We opted out of watching the fireworks and went on rides as the lines were so short. Jared took Devin on the Matterhorn and Adalynn and I rode the teacups at least 6 times in a row. Like I said, it was her favorite.
We left at about 10 and the kids were beat. It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Brittany H. said...

Fun! Indiana Jones was my favorite too, and I was 18 when I went! haha

Michelle said...

Looks liks so much fun. Parker is going to need to grow a lot before we ever decide go. He would be so disappointed to not be able to go on all the rides that Devin can. I love Addie's princess shoes.