Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Utah

Last weekend we headed up to Utah. Jared had depositions Thursday and Friday so we made a little trip out of it. We always have such a good time when we visit and the kids love playing with their cousins.

We only had one car since Jared took ours for work so we hung out a lot at the house. The kids just played and played. They loved being outside and didn't even seem to notice it was cold.





  I took the kids on the train while Halle took a nap. I think we do this every time we visit--it really isn't too exciting, but the kids seem to like it.


Thursday was St Patricks Day. Just like all holidays, Devin was super curious about the whole thing. And, really, I don't know a thing about St Patricks Day, other than you wear green. Devin wanted to know all about leprechauns and how to catch them and where they are from and if they are nice or not. So he, and all the kids, were really excited when a little leprechaun visited while we were on the train and left cupcakes and candy.





 The next day I took the kids to Ikea. I left that place exhausted! The kids had so much fun, but wanted to spend 5 minutes in each room setup. They were crawling into every couch, seat, bed, bathtub and playing house together. It was so cute to watch, but about 30 minutes into it I was tired and we were still in the first little area.

 We watched a lot of basketball. Really the only games I cared about were the BYU games. Jared just about drove me nuts obsessing over Jimmer and teaching the kids to sing "You got Jimmered" but it was exciting. I think I was the only one who didn't get a Jimmer shirt, but I can always borrow one of Jared's (Yes, he bought two).



Fun, fun weekend. 

2 comments:

Kristi said...

It looks like the kids had a blast together! I love the photo's especially the ones of Devin with his arm around Parker they look like real good buddies. We're excited to see you all next month.
Love
Kristi

rachel said...

Great pics!! We have the same Jimmer mania happenin' here. I love Addie's outfit with the green pants. LOVE it!! I hope your feeling good.