Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Valentines Day was nuts! I usually go all out and make a valentines breakfast, lunch and dinner, but my ultrasound and dr appointment threw my whole day off. I didn't really do much for the kids. But, my awesome mom sent them a huge Valentines box which had a little bit of everything so I felt like they still had a great day (with waaaayyy too much candy).

My favorite wreath
 And this year I added this...
I love the crepe paper balls--They are totally going in Addie's room next.
 I also love to decorate for the holidays, but don't like spending a lot of money on decorations. Other than Christmas, I have very little. So I try and add one or two things each year for those other holidays.
I made these 2 years ago. Starting Feb 1st I leave the kids a small treat or gift each day after school/nap.


 Devin gets so excited for holidays. I think he started asking about Valentines Day right after Christmas. And he is already wondering when we can decorate for Easter. Here he is writing his name on all his valentines.


 Opening the package/cards from my mom. Thank you so much Grandma!





I did buy them a few balloons, but that was really all I did for the kids.

 
The best part of the whole day was Jared and I got to go out for dinner, just the 2 of us. Which never, ever happens. My friend offered to watch the kids (she is the best!!). We went to Famous Dave's, which was good. It was perfect way to end a really great day.

1 comment:

rachel said...

Happy Valentines! I am glad you got to go out seriously, awesome! Looks like a great day!