Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This and That

I have a few photos I wanted to put on here, so this post is a little random and all over the place!
Devin and Adalynn never seem to get sick. A few weeks ago, Adalynn woke up, felt fine and was acting normal. Then by noon she had a 103 fever and was miserable. I gave her a Motrin, let her watch cartoons in my bed, gave her lots of fluids, and I think by 5:00 she was back to her normal self. So it was over quick. It made me sad to see her so miserable and wished it was happening to me instead of her.
Waiting for Devin to get home from school. Addie is on this summer dress kick. She REFUSES to wear pants. She dresses herself, and I let her, but usually make her change if we are leaving the house.

It had been so nice lately--perfect weather! And after months of not leaving the house it has felt so good to get out and play with the kids!
Having fun with Bolt while I cleaned out his cage.
Monday (MLK) Jared stayed home and it was like the perfect day. Not that anything great happened. It was just one of those days where we spent all day together and had so much fun as a family. We had lunch here (love the chicken fingers!)...

...then stopped at the park on the way home. Jared and I just sat on the grass and talked and watched the kids play for a while. It felt good to take pictures again!
Later that night we went out for frozen yogurt.



Bracing herself for the tackle.

4 comments:

Sara said...

WHAT THE HECK. WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!?!??!?!?!?! I loved this update. Everything looks perfect, including the weather, and your cute cute kids. then I started going back and was liek WHAT??!?A?FJDAKLFJLKDAJFA VAL IS PREGNANT? I don't know where I have been and how I didn't know that. Sorry. So exciting. Can't wait to find out what this one is. Are you guys planning any trips up here anytime soon? Love you.

Michelle said...

Love the last picture. Halle can totally relate to being tackled by her big brother. I'm glad you are taking pictures again. I love seeing the kids.

Christensen Fan said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, I take Garth to the blog every so often so he can get caught up with everyone. We love see your photos Val you are amazing!

rachel said...

The weather looks gorgeous!! I am so happy for you guys! Yay for not being sick!