Saturday, January 1, 2011

Knocked Up

Most of you already know, but I figured I would make it official and announce that we are having a baby! I am about 13 weeks (due 7-11).

This has seriously been the pregnancy from hell. I was sick with both Devin and Addie, but this has been so much harder for me. The last month and a half have been the most miserable of my life--I don't think I left the couch (except to throw up) for the entire month of December. I think I could have just handled the nausea, but I had so many other things going on that it just made the whole thing pretty awful. I got a bladder infection so I had to go on antibiotics which made me more sick. My doctor prescribed zofran, which didn't help with the nausea at all, but did give me migraine headaches and (TMI! TMI!) the worst constipation ever. I have also been super emotional--crying all the time for really nothing. I think the hardest thing was that I still had two kids to take care of and really no help until Jared got home around 6:00. And I am upset that Christmas was a bit of a bust. I had no motivation to go out and do all the things we normally do. I didn't buy a single Christmas gift and I didn't eat any yummy Christmas treats. I did have a great Christmas once we made it to AZ--thanks to my parents and family.

I just realized that last paragraph sounds really negative. I really am happy about having another baby. I love my kids and am so excited to add a third.

Jared has done so much. He would come home and make dinner, do all the dishes, take care of the kids, put them to bed and take care of me. Gosh, I love him.

Thankfully I feel a little bit better. I thought I was over being sick, but the last two days I have felt gross, but mainly at night. One of these day I hope to wake up and feel like myself again..
.

10 comments:

Brittany H. said...

Congratulations!! Your description of early pregnancy really took me back to earlier in the year...yuck! Hooray for husbands who rise to the occassion. This phase will fade soon, and then you'll have a whole new round of difficulties! haha But honestly, you have the cutest kids ever so you know it's totally worth it.

Chris & Christine said...

Girl, congrats! SOOOOO happy for you! Now you can have the little supermodel you wanted! :-) Keep us posted because I can't wait to find out what it is!

Samantha said...

Rock hard poops are the worst! -Sean

You guys have sex! Trying to get that image out of my head. -Sean

I'm so excited for you to have another baby! I could use another niece or nephew! I hope you start feeling normal again ASAP! Love ya Val! -Sam

rachel said...

Congratulations Val!! That's exciting! I hope you get feeling better. It'll be exciting to hear pink or blue! I am glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

Yeah, now I can tell every one I know. I have been wanting to tell Janell every time I see her and now I can. I hope you start feeling like yourself again and I'm glad the kids and you and Jared had a great Christmas. I was a bit worry.

Katy said...

So happy to hear about another baby - but your paragraph is virtually word for word describing what my November was like with Kyle. I was very sick with Grant too, but it somehow different (for one, I discovered Zofran at the end of my sickness - it was bad, but when it went away it was gone). With Kyle, I took Zofran the ENTIRE TIME. Even the morning before I went to the hosptial. Insane. And yes, I remember those *side effects* and absolutely living on the couch and I too got a bladder infection - major pain. Poor Valerie. Trust me when I say I know precisely what you are talking about and going through!

Hope it gets more manageable so you can feel good the rest of this time! Excited to hear about it from here on out!

The Tanner Family said...

Congrats!!!! Sorry our so sick:( Its so hard whn u have 2 others to take care of! Hope it goes away soon!

Torrey said...

Oh dang that is not fun! I had nausea super bad with my twins and Zofran was the only thing that helped some. I couldn't live without it and had to take it the entire pregnancy. Sorry to hear it's not working for you. I would offer to help, but my family has a nasty cold that we can't get rid of and I am sure you don't want it on top of everything else. Husbands are the best, but girl you need some help! I will check with you when we are all well here. :)

Congrats on baby #3! So exciting.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I recently came across your blog and would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Kiley said...

Oh Val I'm sooo sorry!! I feel your pain. I feel so bad I had no idea, I would love to come get your kiddos from ya. I'm freakin on bed rest now but as soon as this kid is out of me I'd love to help ya. I hated zofran as well, it did the same thing to me and i felt worse. Have you tried phenegran? I still have to take it or i feel nauseous. congrats, but I hope you start to feel better!