Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lately

I seriously, seriously have not been in the mood to blog. I feel like my life is so busy--I don't know why, I only have two kids and I don't work or go to school, but let me tell you, I am still running around every day trying to get things done. Doctors, dentists, church stuff, photo sessions, and grocery shopping are just filling up my days. But all of that is not interesting to blog about.

Here are three random things that I thought I would mention...

Devin is doing well in school. He seems to really like it. He goes in the afternoon--which is the same time Adalynn naps, so I actually get a two hour break from both kids every day. I love it. My house has never been so clean.

I have been doing A LOT of preschool type activities with the kids. My sister-in-law Michelle just started a preschool and it inspired me to do more things with Devin and Adalynn. She has a cute blog, Nourish the Noggin if you want some ideas. I also like No Time for Flashcards. Cute, cute educational ideas. I have been doing a letter a week. I feel like this gives us something to do in the morning. Both kids are eating it up!

The first week we did "A" and did a lot of Apple activities.






I am a little worried about Devin. He has been peeing about 5-10 times per hour. And this has been going on about a week. He was sick last week, but nothing serious--he barely has a fever and was over it by the next day. But then we noticed he was running to the bathroom a ton. His teacher mentioned he was doing the same thing at home---I took him to the doctor yesterday and they are testing his urine and blood. It could either be some sort of bacteria infection or something more serious like diabetes. I really don't think it is diabetes, because he hasn't shown any other signs (excessive thirst, sweet smelling breath, fatigue), but of course, I am still worried.

I am so excited for Halloween and Fall. I have a ton of fun things planned and will be sharing with everyone. So stay tuned for that...

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Michelle has inspired me too. Lexi is showing a lot of interest in the ABC's.

I hope everything is okay with the Devster. We'll pray for him. Keep us updated.

Michelle said...

It's so good to have you back blogging. Don't ever leave us like that again. I miss hearing what's going on in the Christensen house.

Kittyrunner said...

I specifically looked up your blog today to find some cute fall/Halloween activities to do for Lyss. I knew you would have stuff. :) I might have to call you to get details.