Friday, August 20, 2010

The Wedding (and day after)

Saturday was Andrea's wedding. Andi is Jared's youngest sister--I think she was like 9 or 10 when Jared and I first started dating so seeing her get married makes me feel old. But Jared and I couldn't be happier for her and Brandon. They make a perfect little couple--Brandon totally fits right into the family.
Here are some pictures from the temple. 

 I like this picture even though her hand is out of focus.


 Andrea, Brandon, and all the nieces and nephews.




 Andrea looked so beautiful! I wish I had taken a few pictures of the back of her hair because it looked amazing and instead of a veil she had the prettiest flower. Which I loved.
 Thank you for picking our the cutest bridesmaid dresses ever! I think this might be the only bridesmaid dress I will wear over and over and over.
 Leaving the temple and on our way to the luncheon



All the kiddies before the luncheon
At the luncheon




The reception was supposed to be in the backyard--which would have been beautiful But that darn rain wouldn't stop so they moved everything to the church last minute. And you know what? It looked really awesome. You would have thought that was where it was supposed to be the whole time. I didn't take a ton of pictures, but the food was so, so classy and tasted even better. They had cupcakes with the cutest toppers Andrea made. The decorations and flowers were beautiful. So overall, it was one of the best receptions I have been to. 

The kids were pretty beat by the end of the night so we took them to the nursery to play. Parker and Devin LOVED Bryce (Jared's cousin). He helped watch the kids during the wedding and they just couldn't get enough of him.

Devin's favorite part of the reception. Yes, they brought the ice cream and slushie machine to the reception. They had to balance all the classy food out with something, right--hence the 7-11 corner. Seriously though, it was a huge hit. People were gathered around it the whole night.

Jane (Jared's cousin) reading to the kids after a long day. When I taught 6th grade, Jane job shadowed me a couple times--now she is in college and plans on being a teacher also! So fun! She was also such a help today. Thanks Jane!

And that was Saturday! Definitely the highlight of the trip. Congrats Andi and Brandon!
________________________________________________________________

Sunday was a bit more laid back compared to Saturday. We went to church and Sean and Sam blessed little Avery.


 Then we hung out and played in the back yard. Of course the weather was nicer today--still overcast, but no rain.
  We had a family wiffle ball game. Since they didn't use the tables for the reception they figured we might as well use them for something so the guys set them up as a home run wall. The tents became our dugouts. It was a fun game--


 Grandpa and Nana and all their grandkids.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love how good your pictures turn out. I may need to request some copies. We had so much fun and Parker still talks all about Devin.