Monday, July 12, 2010

AZ

We are back from AZ! And oh my, did we have a good time! I always get a little sad when it is time to leave because we all have so much fun there. Now we are home and it is 108 and there are excessive heat warnings for the rest of the week. So we are staying inside and bored already.

Jared drove down with us for the weekend. It always seems like Jared either has to study or work and I get to have all the fun--so I was so happy he was there for a few days. We went out on the lake the first day. Devin for the most part seemed to enjoy it.









 Adalynn was being such a wimp and hated the boat and the tube. She loves water so this surprised me a little. She calmed down a bit the longer we were there, but putting her on the tube didn't help matters.
My dad in his "happy place."
 My dad has been building a greenhouse for a while and this time was the first time I had been home to see things growing in it. And holy moly! First of all the greenhouse is enormous. I don't know the exact dimensions but maybe the size of our last house? Anyways, I kid you not he has around 170 tomato plants and each plant has at least 30 tomatoes on it. Plus he has corn, cucumbers, broccoli, and beets. That is just in his greenhouse. There are a million other things outside. He sells a lot of the tomatoes to a health food store in town--and cans a lot. Devin, my dad and I picked a huge box our last day there and I plan on making spaghetti sauce and canning that.



We had a nice 4th of July. Our friends, the Gartners live right by the lake where they do fireworks so they always have a bbcue and invite my family. I was able to see some old friends and enjoy being with friends and family. The fireworks show was pretty impressive for my small little town--it lasted 40 minutes.

 Addie was again, being a wimp. The fireworks freaked her out. She was like this the entire 40 minutes.
The next day my dad took out to see Eclipse. My favorite movie so far (even though this was not my favorite book).
Jared had to leave early Tuesday morning so we went down to his aunts house (Deb). We went swimming with Deb, Lee, Jessica, Vern, their adorable kids, all while Grammy watched. We barbecued and the kids played with some poppers in the front. It was good seeing everyone! I love Jared's family! And Addie was so cute jumping off the diving board.



Addie was obsessed with the goats and dog. One morning I woke up and Addie was gone. Panicked, I ran around looking for her and found her outside walking to see the "am-mals." Right now there are three babies and I have to admit they were adorable.
 
Riding 4 wheelers with Devin





Modeling the dress for Andrea's wedding. And the new suitcase Jen bought me. Thanks Jen!



We went out on the lake again, this time with my grandma, aunts, uncle, and cousins on my dad's side. My brother Johnny and his wife Josy also came--they were just in Brazil (Josy is from Brazil) for a few weeks so I was so glad I got to see them.
Our last night we roasted marshmallows outside and made smores. This is one reason why I love being home so much. We don't have to do anything special or fancy. One of my favorite things to do is just hang out outside and talk with my family. It really doesn't take much to entertain us. 
**Side Note**While we were outside Devin kept telling us all stories and I informed him that when you were done with a story you can say "the end." So after he was done with his next story he exclaimed "AMEN." It was cute!
 Right before we left on Sunday. Had to do the 4 generation shot.







I took 451 pictures this time! Sorry if I posted too many! There were so many other things we did but these were the highlights.
And guess what! My parents FINALLY have high speed internet. It's a miracle I tell you! Maybe now they will start looking at my blog!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You guys did so much that I don't even know where to begin except to say it ALL looks like so much fun. Glad you had a great time and got back safely.

Kittyrunner said...

Can I go next time you go to AZ? :) I love how much fun you guys have. It's nice to be home and just chat with everyone, huh? Your grandpa looks so cute. And your dad's greenhouse looks amazing!! Ben would be in a happy place in there, too, I think. I'm so jealous that you got all those yummy tomatoes! We have tomatoe sandwiches when the tomatoes start to come on in the fall. mmmm!
Addie looks adorable in that dress! And, you look so thin and cute in your pictures, too!

Samantha said...

I can't believe Addie will jump off a diving board but won't watch fireworks! Haha. Kids are so funny!

And once again it looks like you had a blast! Next time you go, we have to meet you there.

Addie's hair is looking blonder. And she is adorable in her dress. Our girls are going to be so cute at the wedding!

Kiley said...

Fun trip! I love all your pics! Hey did you ever get a message from me from facebook? My facebook hasn't been sending all my messages but i sent you one saying when i feel better I want to meet up for sure this time or i'll come to you!