Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Brought to you by the color RED

Devin has been in school for just over 2 weeks and I love his new teacher. She is super fun! Last week they learned about the color red and she centered a lot of the activities around Clifford. They made "puppy food" (chex cereal with chocolate--it really looked like dog food), they made Clifford ears, they brought something red for show and tell, and I brought in red snacks one day. I just love that she is making school fun and exciting for Devin--I really tried to do the same thing when I taught so I know it is a lot of work, but I know it helps them learn. Devin has been so excited to go to school--and he is picking up things I have tried for months to teach him. And you should have seen how excited he was when I let him take Rocket to school for show and tell.
I have also been trying to do things at home that go with what they are learning in school. I let Devin take pictures of red things with our old camera, which he really seemed to like. This week they are going over yellow so I think we will do the same thing.


3 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm so happy for you and Devin. This new teacher sounds great. And I love all the red pictures. what a fun idea.

rachel said...

It's so awesome that you like the teacher that makes all the difference I think .

Laura Pants said...

Val - you are seriously the best mom ever! Hope you guys are doing well... miss you!
Laura