Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Arizona

I tell you what, the three weeks in AZ just flew by. I love going home to visit, and this time was no exception. I am pretty convinced my parents home was and is one of the coolest places, especially now that I have kids (except of course they live in the middle of nowhere so my cell phone doesn't work and all my parents have is dial-up). I would probably give up my first born to one day have a large home, with an enormous yard, a garden, orchard, etc.etc. (sorry Devin). And the kids love it! They are outside all day exploring and getting dirty and picking food from the garden and feeding the goats and chickens, riding 4-wheelers, shooting guns, and I could go on and on. I almost hate coming back to Vegas to our small house and pitiful yard. And freaking hot weather. Maybe I am just a country girl at heart. So basically we had a blast. Here is just a little of what we did.

Went swimming
 Saw some chicks. And maybe we chased them around a little.





 My Dad pulled out the paintball gun which Devin loved. Every day after my Dad got home from work Devin wanted to shoot.


 Addie discovered the joys of taking baths in the sink. I saw a 20/20 special which said the kitchen sink is actually pretty darn dirty (even worse than a toilet) so I rarely give my kids baths in the sink. But now I'm glad I did because look how happy she is!

 Adalynn and her new best friend Zeke. I love this dog. He is the sweetest thing ever. And so mellow. I'm sure this was the highlight of the trip for Adalynn. It almost makes my want to get a dog.








 My mom. Devin calls her ma mo. Both her and my dad are awesome grandparents and I love seeing them with my kids.
 I, of course, took a gazillion pictures of my favorite girl! This sweet chair was my great-grandmas.


 Outside my dad's greenhouse.







Devin was such a wimp the first time on this tube. He was crying and clawing to get back in the boat, but I forced him to go again and again until he loved it. I don't know if that is the best parenting technique, but it worked because the next time we went out he loved it.


 I hung out with my youngest sister Emily. We saw Harry Potter and went antique store shopping, where I found this fun little chair.


A few more... 






I also went to my high school reunion. I never thought I would go, but I did, and loved it. Mainly because my three best friend from high school were there. It was wonderful catching up. Plus there were no kids! And I felt like a teenager again or something because we stayed up until 2 in the morning just talking. 
And there you have it. I keep thinking of things we did while we were there that I didn't mention here, but you get the point. We had a great time. And Jared finished the bar Thursday!! It was good to get home and see him and get back in the swing of things.

6 comments:

Calley said...

Oh my freak! Where do I even start??
1) I miss your guts!
2) I've missed your blogging!
3) It looks like you guys had a blast. I'm so glad you could get away while Jared took the bar. I dread even thinking about that, but we'll probably be so poor by then we'll be living at my parents house or something, so maybe I won't be lonely?
4) I love love love your pictures, especially your cute grandma chair.
5) Your kids are so much older looking already! :(
6) Where are you buying Addi's clothes?? Because there were a couple numbers in there where I was clutching my heart.
7)You are still as cute as ever. And you're teensy tinsy!
8)Should I have just emailed you??! Probably, but for some reason commenting seemed easier (since Abby is craptastic in the literal sense today and I've gotten nothing done).
9) Never, never, NEVER complain about having a house and a yard. I don't want to hear it! Do you hear me??! Be happy you have those things, some people don't have them and would give up their first born just to have a small house!
10) I'm glad you're blogging again!

Samantha said...

Wow Calley has a lot to say. Haha. I'm just going to say 1) Take me with you next time and 2) I can't wait to see you in a few days.

Katy and Landon said...

I love that chair of your grandmothers - it's so awesome. Too bad you couldn't post the reunion pics - that would have been fun to see some old familiar faces! My turn next for a reunion...I haven't been to Payson in about 5 years (and that was just a very short visit for my Grandma Dottie's funeral).

I mentioned before, but I love your photos and obvious photographic talent - if I was in Vegas, I'd have you take pictures of my little guys!:)

Katy and Landon said...

Oh, and when I say "old familiar faces" I didn't mean to imply that the familiar faces were old, just faces I haven't seen in sometime. I'd hate for some Class of 99 person to read my comment and hunt me down for insulting their age and face.
:)

Kittyrunner said...

Valerie! I'm so glad that you had such a good time! Adalynn is the the best dressed little girl I've ever seen! I need to take some lessons. I love your pictures--they are so cute!!!

Jessica said...

Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL. I love your grandma's chair...so awesome. Hey, I can't find your email. Will you email me. vmackeys@cox.net. I have a question for you. Thanks