Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Addie is one!

I am home from AZ! We were there for just about 3 weeks and had the best time! Blogging (and checking blogs) is out of the question when I am there because dial up is so, so slow.

While we were in AZ, Addie turned one! So, I am going to do what we all do when our kids have a birthday --Talk about how much we love them and post a bunch of our favorite pictures.


In the hospital.

 8 days old
 3 weeks 



3 months

 4 months



 5 months

 6 months


  7 months

8 months

  9 Months
 
 11 months


I don't think it is any secret how smitten we are with Miss Adalynn. We adore her! She has the cutest personality and is always on the move.
And because I am in a hurry, here are a few bits of Addie trivia (some are very random--sorry, I am just typing anything that comes to my mind)...
  • She LOVES dogs. And pretty much any animal. But mostly dogs!
  • I call her Adalynn and Addie. But Jared doesn't like calling her Addie. I think the reason is because he thinks people might call her "fattie Addie." Or maybe he just doesn't like the way it sounds.
  • People tell me she looks like Jared's mom. And my sister Jen. I think she looks like a lot like Jared.
  • She also loves balls. I swear she is going to be a tom boy (balls ans dogs after all) so I am dressing her in as many girly clothes now while she doesn't have a choice.
  • She says "mom" "mama" "dah" (dog) "uh oh" "dada" "ball"
  • She will bite you if she is mad
  • She has 8 teeth
  • She stated crawling at 7 months and was walking at 9 months.
  • She loves swimming
  • She has a temper--she isn't afraid of letting you know when she wants something or when she is mad.
  • She WILL NOT drink milk. I have tried chocolate milk, strawberry milk, and formula. Since I am not nursing anymore, I am a little worried. Any advice???
We love you Adalynn. Happy Birthday!










4 comments:

Jamie said...

Try powdered milk. It has a different flavor so it might work to transition her to regular milk.

Samantha said...

Really she won't drink milk. I have no ideas. Sorry.

I can't believe our girls are one. In fact Lexi is going to be 13 months on Thursday. They are growing up so fast. I have to be honest, Addie is one of the cutest kids I have ever seen!

We can't wait to see you next week and I'm excited to see birthday pictures!

Patrick Family said...

#1...You dress that girl so stinking cute I can hardly stand it!

#2...I LOVE all of her headbands.....I'm so jealous.

#3...Neither of my older boys liked milk at all...they are just starting to like chocolate. I just made sure they ate plenty of cheese and yogurt and stuff to supplement. I hate milk myself so i didn't really force it, but they seem OK!

Brittany H. said...

Wow, she is gorgeous. I love those little hats!