Monday, March 9, 2009

Jennifer

My sister Jen was here this last weekend. My sister is FUN. And HILARIOUS. And CREATIVE. And so fun to talk to. And I could go on and on. But she has to be one of my most favorite people in the whole world so of course I was excited! And Jared has been gone just abut every day/night studying for and taking the MPRE (which he took Saturday) so I was happy to have her here for some company.

Here are just a few things we did this weekend.

We visited the temple on Friday. Jen did baptisms. I walked around the temple with the kids. It was a beautiful day and I realized I really wanted to go to the temple more. Now that Adalynn is eating solids it will be easier to leave her with someone (because there is no way in heck she is taking a bottle).





Friday night we got some dinner, and went to the Bellagio to visit the conservatory, get a snack, and watch a water show.

We mainly just hung out on Saturday. We had a "pop picnic" and went to Jared's softball games. Jared probably loved it--she was all excited and cheering and trash talking the other team. I am not as vocal.
We had stake conference on Sunday. Jen made the yummiest mango curry pork chops for dinner. The kids really seem to love her. Even Adalynn--who is going through some major stranger anxiety and only wants her momma. She left to go home this morning. And I am already missing her and having someone to talk to.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

That is so great that she got to visit you. Oh Val, you need your husband back! He's graduating soon though. It looks like you all had a great time and that dinner she made sounds AMAZING!

Miranda said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun. Sisters really are the best friends. Im glad she came to visit!