Monday, February 2, 2009

Raw/tif/jpeg



I am taking the next photo class at the community college--just for fun. It is fun for me to learn new things and get a break from the kids. It is the intermediate class and it is supposed to be a lot about lighting--I think we are even going to do studio stuff. Anyways, my teacher only wants us shooting in raw?? And our assignments have have the raw files, tifs, and good 'ol jpegs. Changing to raw is easy enough to do, but I am trying to learn how to get them into the right format to post online. I think I have it figured out, but it is so time consuming, and I don't have a lot of that at the moment. It is a pain, I tell you.

And these pictures look alright in photoshop and look like crap here. Why??

(I know there are a couple photographers out there that look at my blog. Any advice would be fabulous!)

2 comments:

The Soptich clan said...

I'm not one that's hip hop on the photog scene (although one day when I have money or my mom upgrades cameras again, maybe I will be) but raw/tif/or whatnot, Adalynn is still gorgeous as ever! Summer is stroking the computer as we speak.

Samantha said...

I am not an expert on photography, I just like taking pictures. So I can't give you any advice but I can say that I love Addie's outfit! Haha.