Monday, January 5, 2009

Preschool

Oh my heart! Yesterday was Devin's first Sunday as a Sunbeam (not a good day) and today was his first day of preschool. Usually the little bus will come and pick him up, but I wanted to take him and meet his teacher. He was very excited to go, until we got there and realized I wouldn't be staying with him. Then he broke down and started crying and shouting for me. I am such a baby--I left all upset. And I missed him the entire time.

When I picked him up the teacher told me he did great, which makes me feel a lot better. I took a few pictures as we left. He wouldn't look at me at first--but then gave me one of his famous cheesy grins.
And then because I wanted to smooth things over we hit up the 7-11 for a slurpie and doughnut.
Everything is all better now. At least until tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

my oldest is going to be going to kindergarten this coming year and I am terrified. only because I know that I will be a cry-baby. so I feel for you.

Samantha said...

You are hilarious. I am sure I'll be sad when Lexi leaves me. We are planning on sending her to the toddler lab on campus next winter. It's like preschool for toddlers and she can go at 18 months... Just look on the bright side though, you get time to spend with Adalynn.

rachel said...

I know Val. I know. I sent my boys off for the first time this past fall. Not pretty. They are getting used to it(I am not as used to it as they are) and now Benson even says Is it my preschool day yet?? When he is bored. . . go figure.

Kittyrunner said...

Boy, look at all your blogging! I need to do a bunch of catching up. So many cute pictures!! Well, thanks for watching Alyssa tonight--you guys are great!