Here is a Readers Digest version of how our Christmas broke down.
- Left on Saturday. Smooth sailing the entire way.
- Adalynn would not let anyone except my sister Emily hold her the first 2 days. Stranger anxiety? Who knows. Thankfully she got over it and pretty much let anyone hold her the rest of the week.
- Speaking of Adalynn---if I put her on the floor in the middle of the room, she will roll and "back crawl" until something stops her (a couch, wall, etc). She really gets around. And I wishI could show you how she crawls on her back, but she basically uses her feet to push herself where she wants to go. It is a little weird, but it works for her.
- Went sledding one day
- Visited Walmart and Dairy Queen a few times. If you have ever been to my home town, there isn't much to do. Plus, it was cold and wet most of the time. So we stayed indoors a lot.
- Spent time with my awesome family.
- Decorated Gingerbread houses Christmas Eve.
- Ate TONS of good food
- Visited 2 of my high school friends--Lauri and Ang. It was good catching up.
- CHRISTMAS. It was a great Christmas. My parents spoiled Devin. I seriously unpacked all of his toys and our house looked like a bomb had gone off in the middle of Toys R Us. I honestly couldn't function, so I bought one of those little toy/bin organizers from Target and now everything has a place. Jared got a bat. I am not kidding when I say he was more excited about that bat than when Addie was born. He was also pretty excited about getting all 3 seasons of Arrested Development (and a Bluth Banana Stand T-Shirt) which we watched while we were there with my mom.
- Jared took Devin on the quad. They ran out of gas about a mile from the house. My dad rescued them.
- Family party with my dad's side of the family.
- Left to come home Sunday
We had fun! It is also good to be home. I have a lot to do this week because--DEVIN STARTS PRE-SCHOOL NEXT MONDAY. Am I so lame that this makes me a little sad? Like most days I would kill for someone to take him for a few hours. But now that I have less than a week before he starts I wish he weren't growing up so fast. But this is going to be so good for him.